Friday, May 30, 2014

Getting Ready

Today is Pedaling Eve and no one is snuggled, warm in their beds.  There is so much to do when one is taking a three-month journey on a bicycle - going down the list that keeps growing, finding out that not everything is working, wondering if everything will fit in the car - whew, it's exhausting.  




The dining room is the staging area for food.  


The den for camping.  

The bedroom for clothing and miscellaneous stuff.  And Denise wants to leave the house tidy, oh my!  

I have some apprehension as we begin.  Today I finished making copies of the maps I will be using throughout the journey, and there were a lot of them.  To cross the entire country seems so intimidating at this moment.  I have to keep reminding myself that thousands of others have done this, and that I am entirely capable.  I need to just enjoy each day . . .  

I'm also aware of what a gift it is to be able to take a whole summer off in order to do this.  How fortunate I am to have this freedom!  This awareness makes me all the more distressed at the thought of those who are trapped in modern day slavery.  Human trafficking is a 132 billion dollar enterprise in the US, alone.  How can such evil take place right under our noses, in this "land of the free"?  

I hope you will consider a donation if you have not already done so, and become informed about the problem.  Join me in my efforts to Stop Human Trafficking.  

Maybe I'll see you out on the road.  

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck as both of you start your journey. Prayers for safe biking experience and prayers for Denise's camping expreience.

    ReplyDelete